About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Monday, October 6

October in Juneau

Man. I was just thinking about the stuff I miss about the fall growing up. Every October, we use to load up and go out to the pumpkin patch outside of Pasco. That was where they had all the fresh vegetables, apples, and pumpkins. I LOVE THOSE MEMORIES. Living in the apple country, fall is a beautiful time of the year. There were even corn mazes! Do you remember those? Going on dates, trying to find your way through the corn stocks in the chilly day. Well, here in Juneau, it definately is fall. The wind has picked up the last couple of nights and blew the leaves right onto the ground. Trey is sooooo funny....he says, "I'm so glad that it's fall because now I can earn some money by rakeing leaves." What kid get's excited about work??? That is my boy. I hope I have taught him THE VALUE of work and how important it is to know this skill. SOMEDAYS HE DOESN'T LIKE TO WORK, like all of us, but it is those days that he has a good attitude and gets right at it.
His grandma says he has always been such a good worker. Grandmas always notice the possitive.
Morgan has started preschool and I am her teacher. She is very excited! Our first lesson was on the seasons and why there are 4 of them in most parts of the world. So, the girls went out and picked out there favorite leaves and we did an art project. It's so cute to see her excited about education.
Today, we loaded up and went to the beach with the dog "Duke"...that's the muts name. He is actually turning out to be a very enjoyable dog. He actually went into the water and came back when you called for him...without a leash. If you know me, this is very hard to bring a puppy, and 3 kids by myself to the beach, without a leash...on any of them for that matter! Just kidding.
Here is my Mattie...I love her so much. She is almost 18 months now, can you believe it...I guess it's time for another...JK again.



And here was our ride in the truck...the picture really says it all

Happy October Days everyone!!!! thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

The Trumans said...

It just amazes me how much Maddie looks like you -- she is like your mini-me!