About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Saturday, November 15

SKI SWAP

Man, Is it just me or does your computer CAUSE you stress? I can't figure it out...one day it is quick to post pictures, the other it is completely impossible telling me there is something wrong with my connection. So, I can only post these 2 picts...
On Saturday, we ventured out at 9am to the big Ski Swap at Centinial Hall. It is where anyone can Sell used/new items for the winter season in a very organized way. However, it is so popular, I hear some people camped out to be the first in. When we got there, the line wraped around the building to almost the next block! I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER GET IN.

HOWEVER, the second the building opened, everyone rushes in and the line moved very quickly. I didn't know where to begin. It was like a black friday and everyone rushing! I held on tight to my kids, tolk a deep breath, and found the kids ski table. To my surprise, someone I had no connection, had a 41/2 year old and they were extremely smart, grabbed 2 of each item for their daughter. I SNAGED WHAT EVER THEY DIDN'T WANT. The ski's were 5.00, but the boots were 67.00. Still, not a bad deal. Right off the bat, we came across Treys snowboard...it seemed like it had a beam shinning down on it which helped my sanity. It was the perfect size so we grabbed it and Ran...The hard part seemed like it was over but then I ask:
What happens when you open the doors and let everyone in at the same time?
15 minutes later, the checkout line wraps around the building! Oh great...now Morgan has to go to the bathroom too! What do I do? I don't want to loose my spot in this ever growing line but I definately don't want her to pee her pants. Soo.....me being a struggling Mother asked the lady in front of me to help hold my merchandise and Trey held our spot! Trey saves the day!


It didn't turn out too bad. I also got a helmet, a coat, and Trey some boarding pants and the total was 178.00. Can't beat it.

3 comments:

The Trumans said...

It just amazes me how much Maddie looks like you -- she is like your mini-me!

The Trumans said...

oh nevermind..ooops!

Here is my real comment:
Ooooh, I am soo wanting to go skiing with you Beth! Remember last time you came to WA we went and had soo much fun! I may just have to come up there to AK to go skiing with you.
BTW, Trey and Morgan look soo CUTE in their new stuff!
Nice deal finding!!

Raven said...

ok, so I can't wait til when I can take Gunz snowboarding. Your kids are so cute! and I totally agree with karrie...BOTH your girls look JUST LIKE YOU!