About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Sunday, January 4

4 FEET OF SNOW AND STILL GROWING

MALE DOG SEAKS FEMALE SNOW DOG
I WOULDN'T THINK A DOG WOULD LIKE THE SNOW BUT DUKE RUNS AND PLAYS IN IT JUST LIKE THE KIDS DO. HE STILL LIKES WARMING UP NEXT TO THE FIREPLACE AFTERWARDS AND SIPPING ON HOT WATER OUT OF HIS DISH...IF INTERESTED, JUST HOP THE FENCE AND DUKE WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEE YOULOL...So, this is our dog duke in the snow! Yes it has been snowing for 4 days straight and it just keeps falling.. The average temperature is about 16 degrees but the kids still love to go outside and play in it. Here they are making snow angels. They also build igloos, sled, and play imaginative games. With it snowing so much, I'm so glad they do like to go outside because it gives me a chance to clean and straiten up the house. Plus, they need to get there energy out.





Here is our igloo. Right now, it is sitting under about 3 feet of snow...that is how much it has snowed since I tolk this picture.



Most of the time, Mattie jumps up on the chair in the livingroom and watches the kids play. But this time, she went outside and I taught her how to walk in the snow. I didn't realize at first this was something you have to learn but it is. She finally got a hang of it and then I couldn't keep her out of the snow. She wanted to be just like the big kids. Trey does a lot of shoveling. In this picture, he was helping pile snow for the igloo. His job is to shovel our driveway. If he gets it once a day, it's not too bad.





I will let you know how much we actually get. The adventures of Alaska!!!











2 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cool igloo. Shawn has tomorrow off, so maybe we'll have to make a family igloo too. I like your new picture header. Very cute.

The Trumans said...

Awesome Beth!! Lets go skiing! How are you surviving up there with minus 40 weather? Call me girl! Your kids look like they definately love that snow...that igloo is AWESOME! Oh and Micah is our official driveway shoveler too..LOL..