About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Friday, April 17

ASHLEIGHS TEA PARTY

Tea parties around the country yesterday tapped into the collective angst stirred up by a bad economy, government spending and bailouts. The rallies were directed at President Barack Obama's administration on a symbolic day: the deadline to file income taxes.

ASHLEIGHS COMMENTS:I have never been one for protests, although I respect those who do make a stand for what they believe in. It was really cool. Some people were dressed up like Benjamin franklin but most were just regular hard working Americans wanting their voice heard.
I posted some pictures of some of the signs. Enjoy!


I really admire how passionate they are. Thousands marched down to the capital and gathered in front of it where we heard a few speaches to get people riled up and we even broke out in song, singing the national anthem and other patriotic songs. They even served a roasted pig, for symbolic reasons. One thing I really liked was how peaceful the protest was. Everyone was so friendly. The protest ended with a prayer for our country. I love being a republican!











My favorites: "Show us the birth cerificate" " I'll keep my money, my freedom, & my guns. You can keep the CHANGE!" "Yes we can! Financially enslave America" "America, Land of the homeless"
The guy who was holding the homeless sign really was homeless, I think..... I wish I would have gotten a picture of his face.
Cory made a little sign on his computer before he left work. We all got a chance to hold it. If you want to learn more about Tax freedom day click here. It is pretty amazing.

No comments: