About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Saturday, May 23

3rd Grade Camp

It's that time of the year. Field trips of all sorts and staying very busy. BUSY isn't even the right word, but right now it is 7:30am and I am laying in bed because it is quiet for the first time.
The last 3 days were 3rd grade camp where 45 children got the opportunity to learn about the outdoors and survival. I was a camp counselor along with other moms. But more, I was the photographer (who would have guessed).
THE BOYS IN CABIN D. What a wild bunch...literally.
Science. An activity to look at the water in the streams and identify the bugs that live in the water. Most of the kids caught mosquito's and identified them.
For lunch the kids got to cook their own hamburgers. This was a fun activity.


They also learned how to build a shelter. Trey took me to his.

These kids have an extreme amount of energy that I just cant understand. They would run everywhere, swing on ropes, play kickball, go on hikes...and still, it was hard to settle down and go to bed. Me however, I was exhausted just looking at them.

The last day of camp was cleanup and a hike. I wanted to go home because I know life still waits for me at home. I did stay and hiked. I'm really glad I did because it was soothing to the soul when we arrived at the beach.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! I didn't know you were going as a counselor. Sounds like fun, but also exhausting. Glad you got some quite time this morning.

Raven said...

Trey is so big! GOSH I didnt even realize that! I just remember him being this sweet little baby!

Bethany said...

Raven-
Yes he is big and he is turning into a big helper. I really like this age because 1-they are still sweet and 2-they are big enough to take care of themselves. I do have my struggles with him but I just need to be more consistant. Thanks for the comment.

Ashleigh said...

I love the fun pictures. I still have fond memories of camping at girls camp and with our family. He will really enjoy looking back one day at the cool pictures you took.