About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Tuesday, June 30

"The Sequence of Events"

I had seen pictures of men climbing trees, log rolling, and chopping wood ferociously. The 2nd day of Gold Rush Days was all about Logging and it brought those pictures to life for me. What a piece of eye candy! How did they do that? Amazing.

It was a great day of fun. The women's ax throwing looked hard but yet these girls were doing it.The ax was huge and double sided. Then the masculine wood chopping with the ax. They did this with such speed and accuracy. Ten minutes later there was an event where a guy would climb to the top of a pole in under 1minute.Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of this but it was spectacular.


Log Rolling. How do you practice for this? This was fun to watch and if I wouldn't have had children with me, I would have done it. But it looked like fun. These pictures are a sequence of events...there was no other way you would know how entertaining it was. Last event: Miners vs. Loggers tug of war. Loggers on the Left.Miners on the right.And pull with all your might!!!Who do you think won? I had no clue how this would go. But once it started, I remembered that loggers are tough! They have the muscles that...every man would want to have. I thought the miners were going into the water...


Sure enough, the loggers stomped the miners and left them out to dry!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That log rolling does look like good entertainment. I was wanting to go this year, but Isaac had a fever all day Saturday, and then Carly took a turn on Sunday. So there went the weekend! At least they're back to normal now.

Ashleigh said...

I love the picture of the guys feet sticking out of the water. Soo cool. I really loved this post, so cool. I figured the loggers were going to win, they are tough guys.