About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Monday, August 17

Rainy days and Mondays

Andy has left for his 10 day Sheep Hunt. He has reached his destination and I know this from THE SPOT. The country he is hunting looks really rough and half of it looks like glacier. And it is raining... so it will be interesting.

Today it is pouring down rain! Not sprinkling..not raining...but pouring. The sky looks gray and my house is dark. All I feel like doing is watching TV and stay warm. I know, it is the beginning of fall. When the air gets a little more chilly, you start to part with your summer wardrobe and pull out your long johns. SUMMER, it just wasn't long enough, but it was sure fun.
(you should hear the wind howling outside as I write this)...Now it is bound to happen, it is soon going to be winter. The dreaded, long Juneau winter...

But, I'm trying to stay positive and FOCUS. This is a good time for projects and slow, quiet days (if that is possible with 3 kids). Staying busy is the key for me...give me something to do, I'll do it. What I find is my kids are the same way as I am. If they have something to do, they are happier and aren't complaining about "There's nothing to do Mom..." "It's so boring."

With this weather, today I went to Joanne's Craft store because they always have the answer. I when I was a kid I remember building things, paint-by-number, and even good old paper mache. The kids do like crafts so we picked a couple things out they could work on. Also for dinner, we are having TV dinners. This is the key to my success, just for today. We will survive without Dad home. Hope he is having fun climbing the mountain this afternoon.

3 comments:

Raven said...

TV dinners...you crack me up :)

Brooks said...

I with ya girlfriend, my kids get cereal on days like this, if I wasn't truly inspired to make soup and bread. I totally getcha!

Erin said...

I know, I know, it's WET & COLD! Time to plan something to look forward to...