About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Wednesday, August 12

DIPAC

Today I took the herd of kids to the fish hatchery. This is the first time we have been to it all year. At this time of the year, the fish return to the place they were born, to ultimately die and start the cycle all over again. Just to think these fish have made such a journey to get back home.



The kids really enjoyed seeing all the fish jumping the walls of the ladder.




They also spent some time at the hands-on fish tanks inside the visitors center.



I remember when I was a kid, my dad took us to some different fish hatcheries around Eastern Washington. The only difference is our fish here are ALOT bigger. We also visited many dams. I would ask my sisters "Is it ok to say Dam here?" I also remember saying the word dam many times, just because it was legal to say without spankings.




Well, enjoy the pictures of the kids. It's almost school time, so I'm sure I will have back to school photos. Also, sheep hunt pictures coming soon, and moose hunt pictures. It will be a fun month.

2 comments:

Raven said...

looks like there are lots of fun things to do in Alaska! Maybe I will come for a visit .... and your kids are so cute!

Erin said...

What a fun outing- lucky kids! I got a chuckle out of the "dam".