About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Wednesday, September 23

Moose Steak Dinner

I love moose. If this makes you cringe, the sound of eating moose, you might be living in the city. Because, let me tell you, if you were eating moose, you wouldn't know the difference. Moose is what I would call a healthy cut of beef (even thou I would hate to call it beef). But really, I cooked up a pound of burger and it had no grease.


Eating moose is healthy! I think it is as close to organic as it gets. All natural, no game, and the best part is I have at least 350pds of it in my freezer. I feel blessed and lucky. What a land that we live in-to not have to go to the store for meat any longer.

MOOSE STEAK


Worcestershire Sauce


Olive Oil


Mc Cormicks Grill Mates -Garlic & Onion


Salt


1-Marinate. Place 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce and steaks in a bowl or vacuum seal bag. The Worcestershire sauce should go into the meat immediately.


2-Season. Brush steaks with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and Garlic & Onion Seasoning over the top. Put as much as you would like.


3-Grill or Broil.-Grill over medium, about 7 minutes. (The same way you would cook a beef steak) Flip, brush oil, and season the other side. Cook until it is done in the middle, the way you like it. 5-10 minutes (10 for well done).


Serve: Sides are potatoes cut into wedges and baked, and watermelon.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

This looks delicious! I totally agree with you about moose being healthy. I only make meatloaf out of moose burger, because beef is just too fatty. And I think moose tastes way better too.
It's totally organic. I mean how much more "free range" can you get than a moose who wanders around in the open lands of Alaska and Canada? Our boys did good huh?
We had moose stew for dinner the other night and is was scrumptious!

Brooklet said...

I haven't had moose, though the way you prepared it makes it look good. I have had deer- and I didn't think it was oh so good.

Lela Paden said...

Looking GOOD!!!! Wish I had some moose. It is so much better than deer. It doesn't stink when you cook it either. Your a great cook.