About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Thursday, September 17

Parenting

I think Trey is having a hard time right now. He just doesn't talk about his friends much. He doesn't want to go to football practice. On the plus side, he really likes to read now and wants to do this Lego club. I wonder if he is having a hard time finding his place. With Andy gone alot, I feel like I am the one that does all the bonding. I'm not so sure he wants a female right now.

Morgan on the other hand, is having a hard time too. She loves school, but thinks I know nothing. She all of a sudden worships the ground her teacher walks on and anything her teacher says, overrides me. I met some of the girls in her class today at the park and they seem snotty! I thought Kindergartners were supposed to be sweet, but these girls were cliquish and don't like Morgan. I don't think she wants me either. Or maybe, it's just that I don't understand...

Mattie loves me at least. She is excited when Morgan and Trey go to school. It's just one on one. Maybe, possibly, that is what the others need. To be one on one. I know, I want that time with friends and my husband, why wouldn't kids.
My main thing is I don't like to see my kids struggling. It hurts me. I want them to learn important lessons like how to get along with others, following through with things, and ultimately learn to succeed. What is my role?

No comments: