About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Sunday, November 29

Holiday Spice

The holidays are an exciting time of the year for me. One, I smell pine every time I vacuum and two-I drink holiday spice. The flavor is like a hot cinnamon roll.The traditional name is "Hot Buttered Rum Mix", however, it is not an alcoholic drink as the mix. Let me repeat...There is no alcohol or alcohol flavoring in the mix. (I have to repeat myself because I told my mom and she kinda cringed at me. I'm like, have I ever gave you a recipe and lied to you? anyways....) But if you prefer to spice it up at the end, that would be where you add the rum.

Here is the recipe.
FYI-It is a mix that you refreeze back into ice cream state and only use 1-2 tbsp per cup. It should last you a while.

HOLIDAY SPICE
Ingredients
1 tub of Vanilla Ice Cream (make sure it isn't frozen yogurt)
1 pound butter
2 cups Brown Sugar
2 cups powder sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

1.MELT. 1 pound of butter in your largest microwave safe mixing bowl. (about 2 minutes) Remove from microwave

2.ADD. brown sugar, powder sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until it is an even consistency.


3.SOFTEN AND ADD. Place your tub of ice cream in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to soften. Take it out and dump it into your mixture. Stir all the ingredients together until there are very little clumps.


4.TASTE TEST
5.REFREEZE. Get your empty ice cream tub and an extra Tupperware. (If you have a big empty ice cream bucket with a lid that will fit all of it, that would work the best.Any container will work) Pour into containers, place back in the freezer until it sets up.


5.TO ENJOY-Place 1-2tbsp in each cup. Pour hot water over the top and stir.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I cant wait to try this holiday spice!! It sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing.