About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Tuesday, November 24

SMOKED TURKEY BRINE

We used this recipe last year and it was the best turkey I have ever...I mean EVER had in my life. Tis the season for Turkey so I thought I would share it with you all. Try it out! You won't regret it.

SMOKED TURKEY BRINE

INGREDIENTS
•1 gallon water
•1 cup salt (1 1/2 cups Kosher or coarse salt)
•1/2 cup sugar
•6 fresh tarragon leaves or 1/4 cup dried tarragon
•1 teaspoon black pepper

PREPARATION
The water you use should not be chlorinated. If you don't have easy access to good spring water. Boil it first, let the water cool and then add all other ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Place Turkey in large non-metallic dish and cover completely with brine.

Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour per pound.Overnight is the best way for timing.
Remove Turkey from Brine,
RINSE thoroughly and pat dry.
COAT turkey with olive oil. Place in Smoker.

No comments: