About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Tuesday, December 29

Dinner Ideas for the next 2 weeks

Getting on a budget...a food budget has helped me to plan. After grocery shopping for specific items, I find how much easier it seems to make my life. Wow, I got a plan...and a menu...and I save money! Why didn't I do this before??

Ok, so I know I am not perfect, but I do know we have alot of meat in our freezer this year. This should make meal planning easier and my grocery shopping trips more focused. (I find myself venturing into the meat department because I get tired of game meat all the time)

A New Year might mean something to me after all. Maybe this is the year to focus on a budget. It might be good to even teach the kids about budgeting. Too bad my brother in laws arent a little closer, they could give me some good tips (since they are accountants). Anyways...

My menu, (for a family of 5). For the next two weeks under 120.00.
*Bought one and will use it for 2 meals. (A bargan)
DINNERS
taco soup
indian fried bread tacos
*ham (on sale right now at safeway for 1.49pp) and mashed potatoes
*ham and potatoe soup with rolls and salad
chicken and (rice&brocolli rice-a-roni), baby carrots
hamburgers and homemade fries (w/russet potatoes,olive oil, johnnies seasoning)
hamburger helper
lasagna hamburger helper
halibut and homemade fries w a veggie
fahitas
noodles w teriyaki chicken
moose roast with veggies/potatoes
green salad with grilled chicken

BREAKFAST
Scrambled eggs w/ ham
pancakes
oatmeal
2 bags of cereal (maybe...I probably won't make it 2 weeks :)
??
LUNCH
Sandwiches
mac-n-cheese
cup of noodles
grilled cheese sandwiches
salad
??

It isn't complete, but it's a start. Atleast I got the dinners out of the way.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Another cheap, quick and super yummy breakfast is french toast! I feed my family of 6 with one loaf of french toast bread (on sale at safeway right now by the way) 4 eggs and some syrup costs less then $5 to feed the whole family breakfast and everybody loves it :)

Bethany said...

Thanks Kristina. It's nice to breakdown the cost of things and realize when your saving money. I think that is the whole part of budgeting is knowing what is costing the most and trying to find a substitute.