About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Sunday, January 31

Is it Coming soon?

Winter. February. Cold. Dark. Broke. A bad dream....every night. Cold.

These are all words that describe February in my world. You forget the possibilities and hibernate. Then someone on facebook says it is 70 degrees where they are and you can not fathom what that is. Summer is a distant memory, something you know happened and you know was good, but cant quite get a grasp of a coming summer.

Days like this, is when I need a blog reminder.

DAY 4-5
IN JULY 2009
We finally found a spot to set up our camp. It was just down the road at milepost 45 on Chena Hot Springs Rd. The temperature was 81 degrees. We pulled down a little road and there sat a fishing pond full of Grayling. No one was there and all you could see was the reflection of the sky and trees on the water. You couldn't have asked for a better spot. So, off we went setting up our camp.


The day went on, the kids swam in the shallow pond, and fished on the raft . It was pretty relaxing...until the mosquito's decided to join us by the thousands. I never knew there were so many mosquito's. We were running out of bug dope too. The poor kids and I got so many bites that by the end of the day, I was hiding in the tent.
Morgan, Trey, and Andy spent hours fishing for grayling. Trey was getting upset because Morgan was out fishing him. At one point she caught 2 at the same time. Mattie on the other hand loved the water and loved running around naked. I couldn't keep her clothes on her. She just swam and played in the water with her baby doll. We all got to bed at 11pm and woke up at 9:30am. You can't tell what time it is because it is always light. But the next morning it was hot! 75 when we woke up and it just got hotter from there. I had to run and get more ice and bug spray from a local grocery store about 30 miles away. On my way a moose walked right in front of me. They were everywhere. The temperature got up to 89 degrees that day and we were all hot and sun burnt. Camped next to us was a couple from India...Sir Lanca that is. They told us all about their journey through life. They came from a different country and had worked their whole life to get to where they are now. They were the nicest people and full of wisdom. They even fed Andy and I real India food...let me tell ya, that stuff is hot! I think it was hotter than the temperature outside and they were laughing at me....yeah, I should feed them moose heart..
Before I went to bed, I took a picture of the still, calm lake we would be leaving in the morning and the storm clouds that came in that night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank u ;-) you should look at that emo boy style over this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info