About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Saturday, April 3

ART GALLERY WALK

It was good Friday...literally. The sun was shining and the temperatures were in the 40's or so. I finished up organizing my clothes (finally), my neighbor watched Mattie for me pretty much all day, AND she even provided my family with dinner. (LETS JUST SAY SHE IS THE BEST!) Which all freed me up to take the 2 older kids to the Art Gallery Walk called "First Friday."

Gallery walks are very popular in an Art community. Like Seattle and Chicago, Juneau has a great appreciation for the arts. With that being said, I never knew or got involved in this part of Juneau.
Art Galleries are each unique and include photography, sculptures, paintings,..even a big ball of paper the size of -3 people holding hands in a circle.-...if you know what I'm talking about. Every venue was different in their prospective.


With the kids going.. I was really nervous...I mean, WHAT IF they broke something?? But I had to trust them, and surprisingly, they were really good!

Trey was really into this statue of a miners that got struck in the head by a falling rebar.

And then I turn the corner and morgan is having "Tea" with some other girls. She looked so cute in her dress and the red flower in her hair.



I asked the kids if they wanted to go with me again... and they said yes! Wow. I'm so glad because it was a different side to see.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

looks like you and the kids had fun. I love the cute picture at the end. Those kids are getting so big!