About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Tuesday, August 10

SUMMER

I sit here in bed as the house is completely silent and all I hear is the sound of the fan in the background. Colton is FINALLY asleep, but I'm sure he will wake in just a short while. I'm pondering on summer this year...and wondering were it went. Most summers I am out enjoying the season, but this summer has been a summer of change.
Lets see, Colton was born shortly after school got out. Then 10 days later, we had to move into our new home. The next day we flew out to Arizona and traveled to San Diego.

It was really nice to beable to spend time with Andys family this summer. It rained the whole time in Juneau, so it didn't bother me too much that it was in the middle of July. In other words..we didn't miss too much. In San Diego, all the family stayed right on the beach in 2 beach homes. Then, we all attended the wedding for Andys Aunt Connie and Steve. What a BEAUTIFUL wedding and reception it was. The reception was on a boat with 3 levels and it cruised around the bay for 2 hours. Couldn't ask for a better wedding.

Back to Juneau we went, just to start painting the house. Andy had to go back to work, so it was just me and the kids to get the house ready...before we could unpack. This is NOT an easy task. I am SO EXTREMELY grateful for my Juneau friends, you don't even know. They came to help me in my biggest struggle...to conquer this task of painting and unpacking. But right now, 30 days later, I can finally breath and say...THIS IS MY HOME. I love my home, and I will love it more as all the endless possiblilities start to turn it into a dream home. But for now, it is amazing how much I love the space.

So, summer hasn't been the whole backyard bbq and boating, but it has been interesting to say the least. School is starting for the kids in less than 2 weeks, so I think we will take a couple days this weekend and go camping. This might be interesting with 4 kids, but it will be good.

PS-I looked in the mirror yesturday and I have wrinkles! Yes, wrinkle lines around my cheeks from where I scowl at the kids. This is sad!

2 comments:

Raven said...

oh I have wrinkles too! Somehow kids will do that to you :) You are doing great! A great momma with her 4 little angle babies :) love you!! call me!

Ashleigh said...

you have hda a crazy summer to say the leaste but you survived it and are a great mom. Have fun camping!