About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Friday, March 18

I SUSPECT WE HAVE A PROBLEM

We purchased a new home in July of 2010. Being a new homeowner has it's ups...and it has it's downs. One thing we improved this. month is updateing the kitchen with new granite counter tops and installing new hardware on the existing cabnets. One week after the completion of the project, we descovered we had a big problem...a leaky roof.
It drips water in numerous places. So, we called a roofer and after investigation, our "newly installed" (installed in 2005ish) metal roof was installed incorrectly.

Why would someone spend the money to put a metal roof on and have it done incorrectly? The insulation is packed up to the top so there isn't any where for the air to go...which causes problems with condensation and mold, which ultimately leads to a rotten roof. (good times, good times). Or, did the previous homeowner pay someone to do the job, and the builder cut corners to receive a larger profit. A Nice metal roof should last 30 years, and this one is already on it's way out.
Trying to find out who built the roof is going to be fun because I think I know who did it because he was the 2nd roofer to come over to my house for a second opinion. He didn't say he built it, but you can tell when he wouldn't even climb up on the roof to look and just wanted to leave the whole time with not alot of answers. (hmmmm....a little suspicious in my investigation).


No comments: