About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Thursday, April 14

THE OFFSPRINGS

WE as parents all have them. Momments of reality that are children are just like we were once. Energy, crazy, loving, sensitive, creative, silly, and terrible. Some of us think we were perfect angels (like my husband)...but our parents beg to differ.
Today, I was outside around 2:45pm when the school bus does their daily kid drop. I heard crying on the otherside of the gate and peaked over to see what was going on. I saw a circle of kids...you know "the circle of kids all looking at a kid crying on the ground" type of circle. Something inside of me triggered and I imediately ran inside to get Andy. I said" Andy, you got to get outside right now. There is a kid crying."
He jumped up in kinda a confused state but knew I was serious.
I ran across the wet ground with only my socks and Colton in my arms wearing only a shirt and diaper on. It was urgent to get to the situation as a concerned parent in the neighborhood after school hours.

2 boys in 1st grade were crying. One of them is known to be a bully. I stopped them like a police officer and said "What is going on you 2." The boys said "he was hitting with sticks and I asked him to stop and...it was a game at first...blah, blah, blah."
 I said "You 2 were playing a game HITTING each other with sticks? Are you soposed to play with sticks? Is it fun to hit each other? No. It's not because then someone gets hurt." (I was using my councelor mom voice). I didn't notice that there was this much older lady walking a dog standing there also until she began to speek.
 She said to me (she was talking to me like I was a police officer)"...she said "These boys have been told to not play with sticks. They have been doing this everyday and not listening."
I said "Is this true? Boys, is this true what she is saying? Is she lying or telling the truth?"
They said "yes. she's telling the truth." in unison.
The lady with the dog then said "AND they are playing in the street too. There going to get hit by a car."

The boys had their heads hanging down and I said "you guys, stop hitting each other with stiiicks. And stay out of the roooad. Can you do that? It's not safe so just stop doing it. ok?..."

My husband was long gone to even hear what happened. Matter of fact, he left the second I started to speek to the boys. He didn't want to get involved because...maybe it's a normal reaction to just walk away. I handled the whole situation that even the lady with the dog couldn't do. Kids can be stupid and go out of control...if they aren't controled. My point in telling this story is simple: If you see something in your neighborhood, stand up. Kids need to know, there is a big bad wolf watching. Like the 20/20 specials "What would you do?" would you walk away? Or standup??

So now, for your viewing pleasures, here are a couple pictures of offsprings in my family. Extended family that is. Cousins all coming together, to show...their character and momments of what we once were.









That's all folks...ya all!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Cute pictures! I am inlove with the pictures you took of colton. Youa re getting better and better each time you take pictures!! I love all the ones you took of Lauren too! Good job at telling those kids off. Hopefully you scared them silly.

Bethany said...

Hopefully. Morgan and Trey were both glad I told them because the kids are trouble makers!! Always picking on Morgan.

Brooklet said...

I think what you did was totally appropriate. I agree that kids in the neighborhood need to know that people do care how they behave and they better not be hurting one another (or the big bad police-voiced mommy will get to them).

Great pictures of you neices and nephews. They are all so lovely. And the pictures of Colton. Soooo cute. He is seriously a handsome little kid.