About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Monday, September 29

Is it Summer finally in September?

On Thursday, first thing in the morning the sun was shinning and there was blue skies. Normally, a nice day here would be gray skys with no rain. Today was extra special because it was a very needed summer feeling day. It was so sunny, it hurt your eyes to look up. It is still fall but it didn't stop us from enjoying the spectacular day. Grandpa Larry is in town and got to enjoy the evening with us and explore the beach on Douglas Island. There are old mining ruins on this beach. It is my favorite beach.
First, we walked on a historic trail. These are old buildings from the mine. It reminds me of a ghost town. When I was a kid, I LOVED seeing old ghost towns. My grandma Betty use to take me to old towns all the time.
Then we made our way to the beach. What a beautiful view. There were birds, and people walking their dogs strolling all along the beach. The kids were anxious to get in the water and play. KEEP IN MIND IT IS STILL COLD. I guess that is what makes a kid an Alaskan.
Grandpa Larry loved getting to spend time with the kids after his moose hunt. I don't think he likes Juneau much though. I can't blame him...most of the time it was dark and rainny. That is why summer is the best time to come...because there are a FEW sunny days then.

I love this picture. Mattie is growing so much. She looks like a little Angel.


Morgan loved her grandpa Larry. Even though at times, she is very sassy. She told him "I can't wait till you go home grandpa Larry...so that I can get my bed back." "Grandpa Larry, why don't you just go home and bring my dog back." After a while, she really started to get into a lot of trouble.
Trey is in 3rd grade and really loves his teacher, Mr. Wyatt. I'm so glad he has a male teacher this year...some kids just need it. But, he is doing so good at getting all his work done and not complaining. He is also a very good big brother.



One day at home, he wanted to dig a hole in the yard. I think he is curious about seeing how deep the hole can get. I don't blame him, just not in the yard. The beach is the purfect place for digging.
Crazy Alaskan Kids! You would think they were in a heated swimming pool or something. No, after this, he got water and sand in his boots and wasn't very happy.





I love my family. Thanks for spending a beautiful day with us grandpa!




1 comment:

Rachel said...

great pictures. the nice days lately have been such a treat.