About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Friday, June 19

SUMMER BREAK

Summer Break. Back in the days when I was a kid, I was excited for summer break. For me, it meant 4th of July camping trips and the Benton Franklin County Fair. It was also numerous trips to the Memorial Swimming Pool for early am swimming lessons.

Ahhh, the good old days. The good thing about having kids is you get to walk down memory lane again and again. Some good, some bad. But overall, their childhood memories are going to stay with them forever. So on that note, I am also being challenged by remembering what being picked on was like and being the shortest. Morgan has had a tough week with Trey and 2 other kids I have watched this week. She is the youngest. Therefore, the older kids don't want to play with her...which hurts her feelings...which just isn't right.

I remember the first time I got picked on was by my 2 older sisters. They never wanted me to do anything with them when I was 5. I remember them running away from me and hiding. I would just bawl! Then when I was in continuous growth, there was this big bully black girl that just because I was in the front of the bus line, she pushed me over and laughed!

My point: Bullies come in all shapes and forms. You got to learn. Your kids have to learn about Bullies. But how do you stop a bully? I don't know...still working on that one.
Well, I'm tired and am ready to go to bed. Another day of cleaning tomorrow. And an early start at yardsales. 9am! Fun Fun.

No comments: