About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Thursday, July 23

ANOTHER POST ABOUT POLITICS

Have you listened to the radio? Or turned on the TV news lately? Well, if you haven't, President Barack Obama is trying to pass this bill that is focused on the health care system. Some of you have reason to like the sounds of this bill-where the govt system will some how take care of your health insurance needs. For some of you, this sounds good. I understand your need for health insurance.

The Problem with this is that the US doesn't have the funds just sitting in a bank, waiting to be spent. No. The US is in the hole! ( I think to myself, when I am so broke I can't afford food on the table, do I go out and buy a new boat?...) I'm talking, they are cutting money from the military when we are at the BRINK of a possible huge war (North Korea), and this is what is the most important? Let me ask you this, what would be important to you??

What scares me is what could happen to my choices. Not just at the doctors office, but our financial future and where we will have to pay all this back. You don't get anything for free...someone down the line is going to pay.

So I found some comments from other people that make some good points. But I do understand and sympathize with those that there company doesn't offer insurance.

How does the govt think they can control costs and insure everyone........ Cant you see they will ration everything and you will not have any recourse. You cant sue the govt if you feel like they did not cover or treat you fairly. Do you think people in Canada and Britain sue the govt for bad service?

The bill says in black and white that if you are not enrolled in the government plan you are taxed an additional 2.5 percent and your employer will be taxed an additional 8 percent..So the answer is NO, you cannot keep your plan....Just read the bill..Its on line..1018 pages

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You are right on, Beth.
Another point is that the "47 million uninsured" number that is often reported is completely false. According to the US Census, the true number is somewhere around 10-15 million uninsured. The others that are counted in the false number are illegal aliens, those who are rich enough to pay out of pocket and others who are young/healthy and choose not to purchase insurance.
Yes, something should be done for those who truly cannot pay for their own insurance, but we do already have medicare and medicaid which were designed for that purpose. (And they are going broke, coincidentally.)
And the president keeps saying that "if you like your health care, you can keep it", but I'm sorry he's lying or doesn't understand his own bill. The bill also states that there will a point after the bill is enacted that private insurance companies cannot enroll new members. Therefore, it's only a matter of time until the government controls the health care insurance for everyone (legal and illegal). And if you wonder how efficient the program will be, I'd say just look at the DMV or the post office.
Rachel