About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Monday, July 27

SURPRISES

Last night at 9pm, my door bell rang. Most of the kids were in bed except for Mattie who just wouldn't go to sleep. I wondered who it was because I don't get many late night visits. If it was Andy, he would have his gun in hand, but me I just answer the door...

Well, it was the neighbor kid Chris and said they just got a lot of crab and wanted to see if I wanted any. I thought, am I dreaming? Did I really fall asleep and dream of this? Because we all know that CRAB is my all time FAVORITE!

I went over there and watched them get all 23 crabs ready for the pot. Here they are, all cooked,hot, and ready to eat!!! Mmmmmm.....

So this was definitely a surprise to me. I love surprises and it felt good to be loved by neighbors. I came home and surprised my sleeping children by waking them up. I always liked to be woken up to share in the enjoyment, so I knew they would too.
Surprises are good. They make you feel good. They are unexpected when your daily routine is usually expected. It was just what I needed at 9 at night.

4 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

That's so cool, what great neighbors you have!!

Kelsey said...

There's nothing like crab showing up at your door at 9pm! Sweet neighbors.

Raven said...

I love crab!!! What a great surprise! How nice of you to wake up your darling kids and not eat it all yourself :)

Ashleigh said...

what a great suprise for you and your kids. That is a lot of crab. I bet it was good too.