About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Tuesday, July 28

Help me Doctor!!!

So I went to the doctor today and asked her a simple question. I said:
"I am moody often and don't want to be. Is there any specific diet that could help my mood?"

Now, I don't know if this helps but she said there are 3 things that factor in your mood and can help. Eat HEALTHY, EXERCISE, AND GET YOUR REST. If your tired, you tend to not be happy, so setting a schedule that you can follow everyday. I thought, this is a good time to change my diet and my life...so I just need to do it.

I googled "stay at home mom schedule" and found some very good tips on how to schedule your day. Not just for you, but for your family. I also found some good points to schedule bible study before you get ready in the morning.
Here is to Organizing your life and keeping your sanity. Doctors really do help, without prescriptions!

3 comments:

Brooks said...

Hey, you should've just asked me the question and saved the $ for the visit and I would've told you the same thing. Love ya!

Raven said...

I totally agree!! I TOTALLY notice a huge HUGE change in my mood and just overall well being when I eat right. When I eat crap, I feel like crap. And I always feel better after exercising, even when I despise it, I still do it and feel SO much better. and nothing, NOTHING makes someone feel horrible like too little sleep!!!

Rachel said...

I agree with the schedule thing, big time. Getting myself on just a loose AM and PM routine has really helped me. After baby #2 I really felt like I was always flying by the seat of my pants and never getting anything done. After I started keeping myself on a bit of a schedule, I have felt so much better about what I'm actually accomplishing during a day. Of course, Isaac is older now and a little less demanding, so that helps.
But don't get me wrong, the schedule is pretty loose. In fact, it can change from day to day, but it gives me a starting point for the day and I always feel so much better when I've got a plan.
Rachel