About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Saturday, July 18

LIFE INSURANCE

Today I went in to check out options for life insurance. We go through State Farm Insurance for all our insurance so finding a place wasn't a challenge. Andy and I are both on the same page and that is: that we would like our family to be taken care of in case of an accident.

IF there was an accident with Andy, I would like a monthly income...preferably the same as now.
IF there was an accident with me, we would like daycare coverage and for Andy to take a little time off of work.
So for my coverage, it would be 44.00/month and give us exactly what we would need. Not bad.
WITH Andy's income for the next 18 years, the total policy would be 1.6 million dollars...can you believe that! So, I sat there in the office.and the lady calculated it all out and the total would be about 78.00 a month...not bad right?!

Well, I said to her "Does it matter that Andy is an underground Miner?" She looked at me with huge eyes, pushed her chair back, and started typing those words in. She then turns the screen to me and it now says 570.00 a month!! Way more than I would have ever dreamed.

Why doesn't anything come easy? I could afford 78.00 for an insurance...but at 570.00 for nothing but a comfort of knowing I will be taken care of, I just can't see myself doing this. Well, theres got to be something I could do...but my first attempt doesn't look so great.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

holy cow! tgat is not fair at all! i cant believe that. i guess your just screwed.