About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Thursday, July 16

NORTH....TO ALASKA

DAY 1 AND 2-
The morning of July 4th, the day we got packed up and headed out the door. All our gear fit nicely in the truck/trailer, the Argo all ready to go, and the kids had all their travel bags ready. It was a beautiful day. The ferry left at 3pm northbound for Haines, Alaska. I couldn't believe the beauty we were leaving behind. It was picture perfect.
Traveling with 3 kids is...interesting you can say. Mattie was tired right when we got on the ferry and cried the whole 4 hours. Nothing was making her happy...unless she was running wild. Other people don't find that very cute. Morgan and Trey on the other hand were perfect angels.

Well, the ferry ride did come to a stop and the road portion of our trip began. We traveled until 11:00pm, crossing over the Canadian boarder and through some mountainous regions. We didn't have many problems crossing the boarder, except all our firewood we brought had to go. We hid it under some trees so we could get it on our way back.

The next day was all traveling. We stopped every so often, swam in moon lake.and got as close to Fairbanks as we could. We spotted a couple moose when we stopped for lunch. Then later down the road there was a cow and calf on the side of the road. It was beautiful.
Traveling that long with kids is a lot of fighting and crying. My husband was complaining about my travel planning and comparing me. Numerous times bad thoughts went through my mind...and this is what happens when your stuck in a car for 2 days. So, around 9pm, we put all the kids in the camper to sleep and continued driving. It was quiet. It was nice. This was the time that I needed to recoup and recoil. My camera is my friend when I am relaxed and it gave me the opportunity to take some pictures. It was 10pm and the sun was still high in the sky. We saw wildlife and the view was Amazing.The trip wasn't going to be so bad after all...

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I love the music. Coo pictures. That is cool that the sun didnt go down. Thats something they always talk about school and in the textbooks. I am glad you had a fun trip