About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Thursday, August 6

Herbert Glacier Bike Ride Part 2

Setting a schedule for summer is kinda hard. You could say things are always changing and your going every direction. However, after saying that, it has been nice that every Thursday we go hiking. It is a set time and day of the week to get out of the house, rain or shine.We aren't the only ones, there are other families that go. Some families I know, but most of them are new faces.

Along the trail is this old car. I wonder how did it get here? It is in the middle of the forest... But I think it is really cool because of how old it is and where it is.

Today is Thursday and we went on a bike ride on the Herbert Glacier Trail. It wasn't easy pulling a trailer on the "slightly uphill the whole way" trail. I didn't think I could make it! Honestly, my tires were pumped up but it was still hard. Once we got to the stopping point, I was grateful for the end and to eat my sandwich. So were the kids.
Another thing that I loved about the trail was all the edible berries along the way. There were blueberries, salmon berries, and these little wild berries called watermelon berries. My kids could eat them the whole way. My favorite is the watermelon berries. They are unique.






The moss, mushrooms, and toadstools are also intertwined in the forest floor.




We rode this trail last year (as you can see here) with the Gilberts and April pulled my trailer the whole way. I think I am improving. Well even IF I wanted her to this time, she wouldn't do it. She has now learned to say no...unfortunately. :)

Plus now she has her own baby. That MIGHT have something to do with it...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Great pictures Bethany! You really have an eye for photography. It was a fun bike ride today- glad we went.

Kelsey said...

Those are some awesome mushrooms. Cool pictures. Looks like fun!