About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Bethany, a mom of 4 beautiful children, a owner of a dog, and married to a miner/hunter. (Camo is a popular color in our home). We recently relocated to the UP of Michigan from Juneau,Alaska...a huge adjustment. I have a passion for photography and documenting our journey through life. But, most of the time Im busy with my kids, hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet, or trying to find my dog because he runs away all the time. Welcome to our world...always full of adventure.

Thursday, March 24

THEY GROW LIKE WEEDS

When I was a kid, I remember random people coming up to me with big grins on their faces saying "you have gotten SOOO big....I remember when you were a little baby.."
I remember looking at those people thinking "yeah, ok. So what? I don't even remember you so why are you so happy to see me?"
Now, I find myself going up to other peoples kids saying the same thing "You have gotten SOOOO big in the last 2 years. What happened?" 

 Now I know why those random people had a big smile on their face. It's not happiness, it's shock.
Shocked that they are getting older too, and that kids...well, they grow like weeds.
 Colton is now 9 MONTHS OLD. (what?) Yeah, 9 months. Where does the time go. He crawls all over the place at a very fast pace. He pulls himself up and even does a little dance.
 I can't figure out why people call him a little girl? It happens all the time. Random strangers stop to see the cute baby and before they walk away, I hear them say "She is so adorable!"....
what? I now get angry because it has happened so many times. I might just shave his head.

He is growing like a weed and changing every single day. Literally, tomorrow he could be walking.

No comments: